A new publication by Lonny Grafman and Joshua Pierce offers inspiring stories of communities coming together to harness their own solar energy, and how you can do it too.
This is a book for people looking to build a better future together, that includes:
- Real life accounts of building solar power in communities.
- Straightforward descriptions of solar components and diagrams of systems, replete with real examples (many from the systems described in the stories).
- Easy-to-follow math that allows readers to size small photovoltaic systems for all types of environments and uses.
Readers of To Catch the Sun learn how to design and build a solar photovoltaic system for:
- A small home in a financially rich country
- A few homes in a financially poor country
- School rooms and community spaces
- Laptop and cellphone chargers
- A tiny home or van life
- Glamping and backpacking equipment
- Emergency supply, e.g., powering an oxygen machine during a power outage
- Isolated loads like electric gates, pumps, greenhouse fans, backup generators, and telecommunications equipment
If you are interested, get a free soft copy of this book.