The Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Rwanda, and the United Republic of Tanzania have received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the NELSAP’s Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the undertaking of a carbon credit study.
The NELSAP’s Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Project now invites individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
The consultant will be required to carry out the following activities:
- Provide a summary of results from existing feasibility studies (technical design and financial analysis);
- Estimate annual emission reductions resulting from the implementation of RRFP;
- Evaluate different carbon financing options under compliance and voluntary markets (CDM, VERRA, Gold Standard, CORSIA, Article 6 mechanisms under the Paris Agreement etc.), including existing demand and prices on different carbon markets, and their impacts on financial viability of the project;
- Identify the eligibility criteria for the best options and mechanisms to tap into carbon markets; and
- Recommend key steps forward in developing carbon finance project and accessing the carbon markets.
Interested consultants should submit their electronic application addressed to the NELSAP Regional Coordinator to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of the email should be: Consultant for undertaking Credit Carbon Study for the Regional Rusumo Hydroelectric Project.
Deadline for submission is on 26 November 2018 before 17:00 hours Rwanda time.