The Ugandan solar market is a prime destination for local and international clean energy access investment. But new investors have low understanding of:
- The maturity/development of companies in the space
- The types of investments they need
- What additional support solar company managers may need in preparation to receive investment.
UNCDF partnered with Challenges Uganda to complete a market study on the BDS needs of USEA members. As part of this process, Challenges Uganda developed tools to assess:
- Members’ needs,
- Their investment plans,
- Their appetite for USEA’s provision of BDS services, and
- Members’ investment risk profiles.
Read more: NextBillion