The organisers of the Africa Energy Indaba — which takes place on 19 and 20 February at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg — have announced the five nominees of this year’s African Youth Energy Innovator award.
- Bongajum Lesley Ndzi (Cameroon) for his power bike kit.
- Bonface Jiveri (Kenya) for his bio-alkanol gel.
- Victoria Henry Ngayamgunda (Tanzania) for her charcoal briquettes.
- Hashim Mutanje (Uganda) for his energy demand data aggregation platform.
- Chifungu Samazaka (Zambia) for his peer-to-peer (P2P) gas microgrid system.
Source: Africa Energy Indaba