As the off-grid sector grows, companies and investors are increasingly focusing on resource efficiency and lifecycle of products – from design and manufacturing to end of life. In this hub, you will find resources aimed at helping address the main challenges in setting up sustainable recycling chains.
Thats why GOGLA has now issued an E-waste Toolkit, which comprises six modules:
- Module 1 is a high-level technical understanding of how each component is recycled and where to begin with identifying recycling partners.
- Module 2 will focus on waste reduction strategies within the off-grid solar sector, looking at circular design principles and how they can be applied.
- Module 3 will look at the financials of solar e-waste by breaking down its supply chain, identifying where the costs lie and who is responsible for them.
- Module 4 of the E-waste toolkit aims to provide a high level introduction to e-waste legislation, existing typologies and their financing mechanisms.
- Module 5 focuses on the consumer experience, awareness and disposal behaviors upon product end-of-life.
- Module 6 of the toolkit focuses on take-back and collection channels, challenges and incentive.
Learn more: GOGLA Toolkit